Why Not Having A Responsive Website Is Hurting Your Sales?
Are you still running an old website that is not responsive? You REALLY need a responsive website.
The time is gone when smartphone users were exceptions. It is no surprise that mobile internet usage has been shooting up over last 5 years. Today, 1.2 billion people are using the web from mobile devices. In today's world, this means, if they’re online, they are most likely on their mobile devices.
Even with this enthralling statistics, a wide range of business websites are still not mobile-friendly or responsive. This is not only leading to a poor user experience but also a major loss for businesses. Although 42% of global website views occur on mobile devices, 88.2% of websites are poorly designed for these experiences. That means if you are a part of that 88.2%, now its getting really late. You should get started NOW.
The reasons why your website must be responsive.
- Everyone’s on mobile - According to the data from Global Web Index, 80% of internet users own a smartphone. Despite impressive statistics, many businesses do not yet have a responsive website. As per the stats from Smart Insights, 61% people have a better opinion of brands when they provide a good mobile website experience.
- Responsive design is needed for SEO - Everyone wants their website to rank best among search engine results. Google prefers responsive design over mobile templates. It makes easier for Googlebot to crawl your site as well as minimise the chance of on-page SEO errors. For these reasons, responsive design comparatively performs better and are easier to maintain than a separate mobile template site.
- Over half of web traffic is mobile- Do you know any website owner who wasn’t interested in increasing website traffic? Maybe not. Over 60% of Google searches are performed on a mobile device. If you are interested in attracting mobile traffic, you need to be thinking mobile. The mobile media consumption is much higher than that of a desktop.
- People buy more on mobile- Across devices, mobile users actually spend more than the desktop users. Smartphone users account for the lowest dollar amount per transaction as they make small or frequent purchases. If you are attempting to sell something below 10 bugs, mobile users are an ideal audience for your offer. Whereas Tablet users have the highest average transaction value of any device, including desktops.
- Positive user experience matters- If a user loans on your mobile website and is frustrated or unable to see the required information, 61% of them will immediately leave you website and go to another. But if your website is responsive according to their mobile screens, a user is 67% more likely to buy a product or use a service.
- Responsive design is needed for ranking, not just efficiency- Nowadays Google favours mobile friendliness in its search engine page rankings. Responsive design is very much important for pleasing Google. With Google’s latest algorithm update, the company sanctioned various penalties for websites failing to meet standards for a responsive website. So If you are serious about improving your organic traffic (or simply not losing it), you need to optimise your website for mobile.
- Responsive websites differentiate your brand- According to a recent survey, only 56% of small business websites are responsive. You can differentiate from your competitors by optimising your website and making it a responsive website. It is an easy way to immediately gain the edge over your competitor especially in certain sectors like manufacturing.
- We’re not in Denver anymore- When you start your website, it not only caters the local audience but a vast domain of internet users worldwide. Your website is viewed by all age groups, people of different interests and much more. Your website needs to be responsive to work amazingly if a person is viewing on his/her mobile device from any part of the world.
No matter what size screen someone is viewing your website, it will display properly for that screen size if your website is well optimised. So, in the future, as new devices (such as TVs, watches, glasses) are being used for internet browsing, your responsive site will still look beautiful.
Today having a mobile-friendly website is no longer simply a nice feature, it is now a necessity and literally, impacts the growth of your business.
Get in touch with us to rapidly get your site ready for responsive. #MyWebsiteIsResponsive